By Lisa Johnson //@LJ1303
As we roll into the final week until the 2019 NFL draft, it is time. Here it is, my final mock draft prediction. I did not go into much detail on any trade up or down scenarios, just a couple of guesses, even though I do believe we will see at least 2 trades during the first round.
The reality is, we as sportswriters, fans, bloggers, and yes, even expert NFL analyst, just don’t know for 100%. We all make the best educated guess possible. We love to play the GM game.
This year’s draft to me is one of the most unpredictable drafts we have had in quite some time, and that number 1 pick will set the tone. Then I expect a fast and furious first round from then on!!!
Which brings me to my first pick. I believe it will be Kyler Murray, but if it isn’t, then this spot will be completely up for grabs. Either way, however, I am in fact making Kyler Murray my first over-all pick. One day I feel good about that, the next day I think he’ll drop like a rock!! I get myself all caught up in the hype, then I’m brought back to reality.
Ok then, on with the mock draft!
- Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (Could be a trade here)
- San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- New York Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
- Oakland Raiders: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
- New York Giants: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
- Detroit Lions: Devin White, ILB, LSU
- Buffalo Bills: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
- Denver Broncos: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
- Cincinnati Bengals: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
- Green Bay Packers: Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma
- Miami Dolphins: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
- Atlanta Falcons: DeClelin Ferrell, DT, Clemson
- Washington Redskins: Brian Burns, DE, Florida State
- Carolina Panthers: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
- New York Giants: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke (If Giants are comfortable they can get Jones later, possible trade here)
- Minnesota Vikings: Erik McCoy, OG, Texas A&M
- Tennessee Titans: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
- Seattle Seahawks: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington (My second trade spot. Could see the Seahawks trade out here)
- Baltimore Ravens: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
- Houston Texans: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
- Oakland Raiders: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
- Philadelphia Eagles: Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College
- Indianapolis Colts: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
- Oakland Raiders: Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
- Los Angeles Chargers: Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
- Kansas City Chiefs: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
- Green Bay Packers: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
- Los Angeles Rams: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
- New England Patriots: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
So everyone, what do you think? Hit me up on Twitter and tell me where you think I’m wrong…or maybe where you think I’m right!
Talk draft with Lisa on Twitter @LJ1303